Buddy’s Cannabis (“Buddy’s”) is a not-for-profit medical marijuana collective. Buddy’s members are qualified patients and their primary caregivers, as defined under HSC§11362.5, who associate within California in order collectively and cooperatively to serve their health needs, including through the cultivation and distribution of premium-grade marijuana for medical purposes.
To be eligible for membership to Buddy’s, you must:
- Be a California Resident and have a valid California ID (i.e, a driver license or DMV ID card);
- Have either (i) a current recommendation from a California-licensed physician for medical marijuana; or, (ii) a current California Medical Marijuana Identification Card issued by the county health department; and,
- Complete, sign and return our Membership Agreement.
The Steps to Membership:
- We’ll need a copy of your California ID, and a copy of your physician’s recommendation (or your Medical Marijuana ID card). We can obtain those documents during your first visit to our facility.
- We’ll attempt to verify your information. Under California law, we’re required to verify the validity of your physician’s recommendation (or Medical Marijuana ID card), as well as his or her identity and licensing status. Note: If you’re acting as a qualified patient’s primary caregiver (e.g., spouse or domestic partner), then we’ll also need to meet with that patient.) This process usually takes less than ten minutes, and we’ll inform you promptly of the results.
- Please complete, sign and return our Membership Agreement. Once we’ve notified you that your information has been verified (see Step 2), you’ll need to read, complete and sign our Membership Agreement.
- Please call with any questions during our normal hours or operation. (650) 318-3437.